Transmission electron microscope
Tecnai Spirit | acquired 2014
BioTwin lens | 120 kV LaB6 emitter | 3Å resolution limit
Veleta 2048×2048 wide angle | Eagle 4096×4096 bottom mount
Computized stage | Gatan cryoholder | Single tilt tomography
D Vanhecke | tel: 9509 | @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Note on introductions and CryoTEM
Introductions for users outside AMI will be invoiced as a session with operator (hourly price of the instrument + hourly price for the operator). Unfortunately, cryoTEM introductions cannot be offered anymore.
Note: to use the TEM, you must be able to safely handle liquid nitrogen. If you are not introduced to handling liquid nitrogen, contact your local lab safety manager for an introduction.
- An introduction by the Responsible is mandatory.
- Only persons who received the introduction are eligible to use the instrument. The introduction is personal and non-transferable: it does not legitimate other members of his/her group and/or colleagues to use the instrument.
- The Instrument is available on weekdays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. For other access
- Reservation via the booking platform is mandatory.
- Reservations cannot be placed more than 2 weeks (14 days) in advance.
- Cancellations must be announced at least 24 hours in advance, in order to give other users a chance to use the opened time slot.
- Early finished: inform the user that is coming after you (email and phone in the booking)
- Before starting the session, the user must check the instrument and report any damage or incorrect state immediately to the Responsible.