Scanning electron microscopy
Tescan Mira3 LM FE | acquired 2014
Field-emission Schottky emitter | High voltage: 0.5-30 kV
- Everhart-Thornley type Secondary electron detector
- Retractable BSE detector with high sensitivity
- In-Beam SE Detector
- Energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDX) detector, Peltier-cooled.
Live stereoscopic imaging using 3D Beam Technology | Full 5-axis motorized compucentric stage.Computized stage
Note on introductions
Introductions for users outside AMI will be invoiced as a session with operator (hourly price of the instrument + hourly price for the operator).
Dr Dimitri Vanhecke | tel: 9509 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- An introduction by the Responsible is mandatory.
- Only persons who received the introduction are eligible to use the instrument. The introduction is personal and non-transferable: it does not legitimate other members of his/her group and/or colleagues to use the instrument.
- The Instrument is available on weekdays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. For other access
- Reservation via the booking platform is mandatory.
- Reservations cannot be placed more than 2 weeks (14 days) in advance.
- Cancellations must be announced at least 24 hours in advance, in order to give other users a chance to use the opened time slot.
- Early finished: inform the user that is coming after you (email and phone in the booking)
- Before starting the session, the user must check the instrument and report any damage or incorrect state immediately to the Responsible.