Measures by The Federal Council
These measures are to be maintained in any situation at AMI:
- Stay home if you are ill, or you have been in contact with contaminated people in the last 14 days.
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water, 20 seconds worth before you enter the microscope room
- Keep 2 m distance to other people, also inside the microscope room
- Wear an approved surgical mask at all times
Hygienic measures for the save use of microscopes
These mandatory measures are required to use the microscopes
- Book the instrument on-line. do not check in the room if it is free.
- Maximum 1 person per instrument
- Maximum 3 persons in the room (A017) or 2 persons in the room (C0141)
Start of your session
- Wear an FFP2 mask when you are not alone.
- Don fresh gloves upon entering the room
- Optionally: wear safety goggles
- before starting your session:
- wipe all contact surfaces with 70% ethanol: the PC keyboard, mouse, trackball, panels, eyepieces, joysticks. Use kim wipes.
- wait 10 minutes
End of your session
- Discard the gloves in the waste bin
- Wipe the keyboard, mouse and panels, eyepieces, joysticks with 70% ethanol
- Wait 10 minutes
- Post-processing and analysis is done through teleworking, not in the microscopy facility